Saturday, November 16, 2013

TRIAL: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free - IT BROKE ME OUT!

It has been months since I tried using other products. I have this phobia too of trying new products because I break out, every time!

I have read from different beauty articles that if you have acne-prone skin, you have to lay off oil-containing products. So before I purchase, I always check the reviews and ingredients. 

Cost: 
₱1,850 (Rustans) = $43 (Nordstrom)
*The 
 price is inclusive of tax, I think.

DETAILS from Nordstrom:Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer is a buildable foundation that can be worn by all skin types but especially those with acne-prone, sensitive or oily skin. The sheer, lightweight formula helps control oil breakthrough while providing hydration to prevent dryness and offers further protection from UVA and UVB rays with an SPF 20. Perfect for troubled skin.

    • 1.7 oz.
    • By Laura Mercier.
    Ingredients from Nordstrom:
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5.5%), Octisalate (3.0%); Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Disiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Methicone, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylparaben, Lauryl Pca, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ppg-15 Stearyl Ether, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate. May Contain (): Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides). Ingredients are subject to change at the manufacturer's discretion. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, refer to the product packaging.


I wanted to try Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. The oil-free version. 

I visited the LM counter and tested a pea-size on my face. It seemed light weight and has a dewy finish. I wanted to skip my BB cream routine because it feels quite heavy and I wanted something that is a pick-me-up, like you don't need to put on moisturizer, whenever you're in a hurry. 

I had a feeling of wanting to buy it that moment, but again, I wanted to check if my face doesn't react to this. 

When I got home, I washed my face and did my nighttime skincare routine, and hit the sack.

That morning, while showering, I noticed very tiny bumps on my left cheek like they were huddled close to each other and it felt like chicken skin! What in tarnation?! I had suffered skin acne for nearly 3 years and is on the verge of getting better, but the LM just took a detour! 

I grabbed my Clarins Lotus Oil, got one drop and dabbed it on the affected areas. To my utmost horror, I had one nasty purplish-coloured pimple  on the top of my cheekbones. I dabbed oil on that area. (This stuff can dry nasty pimples too!) 

I must say, if your skin is as sensitive as mine, never apply on your face! Apply a small amount on the jawline. 

Makeupalley reviews about this product was low. I mean people who tried this, a lot of them, broke out too. 

After a week of using the oil, the acne subsided. I can still feel the chicken-skin-like bumps but not that much anymore, and the purple zit, it's fading. 

TSK. Probably gives good coverage but can turn your skin horrible. This is not for me nor for all those acne-prone skin women. 




I think my zits are visible in this photo. I have one above the side of my lip and below it. If you connect them, you can form a line. Oh there's the purple zit but it's fading now. On my cheeks, the tiny bumps aren't that clear unless you touch them.





No comments:

Post a Comment