Monday, July 22, 2013

Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser



I wish acne never existed. If only there was a mythical god who could zap away acne forever.

This cleanser is my Holy Grail. I can't live without this.
Cost: ₱945 (Rustans) = $15 (Nordstrom)

*The ₱ price is inclusive of tax, I think.





Details from Nordstrom:
Radiant, clear skin is within your reach. For dull, congested skin, Mario Badescu's lathering deep cleanser has the exfoliating power of glycolic acid to break down build-up from skin's surface, reduce minor discoloration and minimize clogged pores which can cause pimples. An excellent companion product for your daily face wash.

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Matricaria Extract, Yarrow Extract, St Johns Wort Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extact.

I have had acne problems since August 2012. Ever since I started working on my Immigration papers (lots of tests and requirements to comply), I got so stressed that different sizes of pimples — tiniest to the largest — started erupting, particularly on my cheek areas and nearly reaching the Tragus of my ear.

Acne robbed my confidence. I don't like working, meeting old friends and aquaintances. I was worried they'd notice these horrible red angry dots, and unfortunately they did and asked questions like "What's going on with you lately and why do you have tons of zits?" and "Are you stressed?"

Je hais ces boutons sur la peau!

I rummaged through all drugstores in the city, searching for a cure. My sister, who's always updated with skincare products, then suggested me Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser.

I laid my full trust to her and to this product.

This is quite pricey for a person earning $210/month minus $117 for my bills and $21 for my tax! C'est très cher!

I was so desperate. I'd sacrifice anything just to stop and remove these horrendous zits!

My boyfriend was helpful though. He told me these zits don't matter. He loves me for what I am and what I have. Sweet boy but still having a great skin is really important!

I bought the cleanser. Though the directions said use it 2-3x in a week, I used it everyday.

What the heck. I'm hopeless. What do I've got to lose?

I didn't regret paying for this! I'm on my 3rd bottle now and I have seen AMAZING results. My face is now clearer and brighter. The old scars are now long gone. I still get a minimal number of zits but they're due to hormonal changes and/or reactions to new products that I'm using. Co-workers are complimenting on how my skin looks really good now and brighter.

This is the best ever cleanser. I think Mario Badescu is the mythical god of annihilating acne.

Glycolic Foaming Cleanser is my HG.

Vodkapomme says:
✓Reduces acne scars by 95%
✓Dries pimples
✓Clear skin
✓Brighter skin
✓ The 6 oz-bottle lasts about 7 months
✓ A pea-size is enough
✓ Lathers well
✓ The price is okay compared to other cleansers
✘ Dries skin. Use moisturizer after
☠ Dries your lips and the sides of your mouth , and it's very painful! — Purse your lips to avoid getting it in contact with the product


Have you tried? Share your thoughts! Partagez vos pensées!

**Here is a photo of my cheeks prior to using the cleanser and after. On the right which I took last March, the cleanser nearly wiped my acne and acne scars while on the left which I took last February, you see small to huge red bumps and scars surrounding my mole. I know you're thinking if this is still possibly curable and if the chances of treating this is high or low. Fortunately, I found a cure and this cleanser is the cure.




***UPDATE!
I know I use this everyday but I had to stop using because my skin is so dry especially on my cheeks. Moreover, my skin is compensating by producing more oil that more zits are coming out again but not as worse as this photo. I should have followed the instructions. I should have used this twice a week but no. I was too stubborn and was too antsy, too impatient to wait for the acne to clear up. Now, I am currently using a different cleanser.
 Never use it daily! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Jezz,
      Thanks! I was really happy with the results but because I used this too often, my skin became so dry that it's compensating the dryness by producing more oil and now I'm back to square one. From now on, I'll be using this stuff once or twice a week.

      Delete